JOIN NOW FOR FREE

CAM CHAT IS BACK UP!   Reply to topic

Posted On: 10 Aug, 2012 at 11:57 AM min min
28 Mar, 2009

Sorry about the chat room being down. It is currently up and functioning and we are putting in place some counter measures that will limit downtime to a couple of minutes should this happen again.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Regards,
Min

Posted On: 11 Aug, 2012 at 03:12 PM jedediah1 jedediah1
11 May, 2011

AND ITS DOWN AGAIN !!
Presumably these measures that are being put in place arent yet implemented, But wait, wasn't the new room created eaxctly because it wasnt supposed to crash???

Posted On: 20 Aug, 2012 at 02:44 PM jedediah1 jedediah1
11 May, 2011

aaaaahhhh... that makes it all better petal xxxxxxx

Posted On: 21 Aug, 2012 at 01:22 AM min min
28 Mar, 2009

Sorry Jed, I some how missed this reply from you. I understand the need for a devil's advocate but I prefer there to be elements of truth sprinkled in. At no point did I say that the new chat was not meant to crash. That would be foolish and irresponsible of me to make such a claim. Nothing is uncrashable (sic).

What I did say is that we wanted more control over the chat system so that we could respond to situations in a more timely manner and that this chat was more stable than the last.

Did we have some teething issues? Sure. Did we respond to them? Yes. Is the chat currently running better than it did at launch? I'd like to think so, yes.

Cheers,
Min

Posted On: 22 Aug, 2012 at 02:03 AM funstuff funstuff
2 Dec, 2009

Not that it matters, but I for one am very happy with the new cam chat room. min is really keep'n up on the fixes and all in a timely manner. As soon as he's got it up and running smooth, I got like a thousand requests! lol

cheers
funstuff xxoo