JOIN NOW FOR FREE

We need new picture/vid post alert system...   Reply to topic

Posted On: 20 Dec, 2010 at 09:57 PM funstuff funstuff
2 Dec, 2009

I miss lots and lots of my friends postings because I never know they have posted. I don't look at the pictures everyday. Then "If" and when I do look at the pic's weeks down the road or at their profile and see they posted and I did not get to vote or post a comment during the contest it upsets me. There my friends and I want to vote for my friends, even if I don't do anything else, I'd at least like to do that.

Not sure if this can be done, I know browneyes has brought this up before, so now me. And just today I looked and happened to see more post I'd missed :(

I really think this would enhance the experience on this site for all and would get some views and viewings on postings we may otherwise miss . And I (we) Really like this site.

I think that would be wonderful thing to have.... I'm just saying....

Posted On: 20 Dec, 2010 at 10:53 PM pinklicker pinklicker
13 Jun, 2009

Funstuff I see what your saying....I agree it would be nice to get a heads up that your friends have posted. But I can also see the problems that would come with that. Sure it would be no big deal for those who have a dozen friends here. But some members have 200 or 300 friends. I think it would become a pain in the ass to have notices popping up for each contribution if you had that many friends. So I don't believe the notice system they have for messages,profile and contribution comments would work for that. It would also be a mess for PV to keep straight. So with that being said I don't see a notice system being put in place. You just have to perv the contributions everyday or your gonna miss out

Posted On: 20 Dec, 2010 at 11:16 PM juicyjennie juicyjennie
24 Mar, 2009

maybe a "posted by" column for submissions

Posted On: 21 Dec, 2010 at 01:08 AM lookalot lookalot
20 Dec, 2009

It would be great if we could have some kind of setup where the system keeps track of friends and alerts us when one of our friends posts.

I have always wanted to put the next button high on the contribution, and set it so that the button appears in exactly the same place on each contri, so we can select the quick view and speed through them until we get to the one that catches our eye.

Posted On: 21 Dec, 2010 at 01:42 AM funstuff funstuff
2 Dec, 2009

No no no not talking pop ups like we get for friend request and that stuff.... not some big involved make over.....something simple (if thats possible) I'm not talking about all the people on your friend list,, that would be insane! Just your chosen few have a limit I dont know.... , but just like friends list shows when their on line, maybe something that says "new (insert month here) posting" like a "hot list".*

Posted On: 21 Dec, 2010 at 01:54 AM funstuff funstuff
2 Dec, 2009

poop!! it cut half my post off again.... anyway like i was saying.. I thought thats what the hot list was for, guess I thought wrong. or like jennie I think is saying have their name , I think like this.....

Q-view (funstuff)pics of fun doing stuff
Q-view (juicyjennie) pic of jennie doing stuff (mmmmmmm i like)

LOL sorry for dragging you along with me jennie teehee

I dont know lol W .E.

Posted On: 21 Dec, 2010 at 04:57 AM pinklicker pinklicker
13 Jun, 2009

Great idea Jennie that would be a simple way to make it easy to find your friend's post.

Posted On: 21 Dec, 2010 at 11:30 AM therealed therealed
19 Nov, 2008

Hi Folks thanks for the idea, we will have a look into this and see what can be done, although i can see some slight issues that may arise I would think that it could be do-able..

Merry Christmas!

ED

Posted On: 23 Dec, 2010 at 10:24 AM juicyjennie juicyjennie
24 Mar, 2009

i'll always give u a heads up. too bad i can't you a head down on;)

Posted On: 24 Dec, 2010 at 08:02 PM funstuff funstuff
2 Dec, 2009

Your the coolest Ed!!!!! :)